BUTTONS, PILLBOXES & PERCHERS
-such a vivid blue felt button piece trimmed with a grey & black curled Lady Amherst feather and finished with a vintage stud in the centre of a pleated petersham ribbon bow. This hat is securely held on the head with hat elastic. A hand made piece - total elegance!
A unique design button headpiece with high black and white coque feather trim surrounded by black beaded clusters. An ideal piece to stand out and be 'upstanding' at any Ladies Day and racing fashion event.
- a stunning silk abaca headpiece suitable for any Ladies Day at the races. Jade and teal abaca on a black sinamay button base trimmed with silver beads.
OLIVIA CORAL NAVY POMPOM
- An elegant navy parasisal straw headpiece. Freeform shape onto a button base with centre piece of silver and diamante in the front. The back view has a surprise cluster of spiky navy knotted feathers. Held securely on the head with hat elastic. A light and simple design to wear for weddings, garden parties or Ladies Day event.
- a coral coloured sinamay button hat trimmed with champagne flower and feathers & a curled quill set in coral and gold cobweb veiling. This is held on the head with hat elastic and the piece is fully lined.
- a cute small navy button hat trimmed with a faux fur pompom. The pompom is removable and interchangeable for a different colour because it 'poppers' on. Shown here with a pale silver grey pompom it comes with a choice of two colours - the palest of pink looks particularly feminine, or try a vivid red!
TILLY EVA DANIELLE
This bronze oval pillbox is trimmed with a vintage gold/bronze flower & 2 curled burnt pheasant feathers. It provides an attractive yet modest headpiece suitable for a wedding guest or Autumn races. It is held securely in place, well forward on the head, by hat elastic.
- a gold leather button with black leather bow and unusual circular centre piece. The curled black and white striped feather quill add height and intrigue. The button is hand blocked and sits well forward on the right side of the head, held in place by discreet hat elastic.
- Such a pretty pink oval pillbox in the finest of parasisal straw. This piece is trimmed with a soft, delicate, pink peony and velvet leaves. A light wine coloured veiling 'scrunch' adds height to the back of the flower. This is securely held on the head with hat elastic. A hand made unique piece from HATS by Emelle.
ISOBELLA BRIDGET PATRICIA
A superb quality fur felt oval pillbox hat in bright purple. This striking headpiece is trimmed with multicoloured feather flowers. The longer, delicate coq feathers add movement as they spring forward over the crown and a 'scrunch' of black veiling adds more height at the back. This piece is held firmly on the head by hat elastic which can be well hidden under hair. It is fully lined and is designed to wear centrally placed on the top of the head. Suitable for winter or spring weddings or race days.
- A stunning and smart button headpiece In vibrant blue. The hand blocked piece is made from fosshape, wired and covered in a striking blue, white and black print pattern cotton fabric. Bright blue silk abaca bows add a lustrous dressing to add height and beauty. The button hat is fully lined in black silk and is held securely on the head with hat elastic.
A delightful sinamay button headpiece trimmed with pink winter blossoms and rolled sinamay leaves. The button base has blue blocked over pink sinamay to give the overall effect of heather colour. This is a one-off, unique handmade headpiece.
This pretty piece is fully lined and held securely on the head with hat elastic. Suitable for Spring or Summer weddings, races and garden parties.
GEORGIE GIRL HONEY DORRIE
- A striking and unusual button headpiece trimmed with bright pink silk abaca. This hand blocked piece is made from fosshape, wired and covered in a black and white print pattern fabric. The fabric is dotted with tiny faux sequins. A bright pink silk abaca ruffle adds an outstanding and vivacious trim to add a little frivolity to the piece. The button hat is fully lined in black silk and is held securely on the head with hat elastic. It can be worn on either side of the head.
An elegant side angled tear drop style percher in honey beige wool felt. Hand blocked and stitched with an overlay of brown veiling. This piece is held securely in place with hat elastic.
- A dark forest green button hat in wool felt. The trim has an unusual gold edging to the tall leaf and surrounded by felt leaves. Held on the head securely with hat elastic. Such an unusual winter cocktail hat or it will just add finesse to that winter outfit for Cheltenham races.
NATALIA HARRIET MONIQUE
A striking black sinamay button hat overlaid with black and white lace and trimmed with bright yellow silk abaca. This headpiece will lift any dull day and announce your presence at the races or as a wedding guest. Handmade and held in place with hat elastic.
- This striking pillbox in an amber yellow and black diamond patterned fabric will add style to any outfit. The pillbox is hand blocked buckram covered with fabric and fully lined in black habotai silk. It is dressed with a large 6” diameter black hand crafted silk flower with interesting yellow twirls at the centre. There are 3 black diamond cut feathers continuing the theme of the fabric pattern gently curving across the top of the hat to give a little movement. A truly original and one-off pillbox.
- An attractive deep tear drop percher in gun metal grey and pale coral sinamay mix for the base. The pale coral double silk rose matches the inner layer of sinamay in the base. This percher is best worn well forward on the right side of the head as in the second picture. It is held in place securely with hat elastic.
GRETA EBONY MICHELLE
- a most unusual sculptured sinamay headpiece to stand out at any race day event or special occasion. The coral and light bronze colour scheme echoes top colours of 2019. Enjoy being 'different' wearing a stunning unique design fashion piece.
A black fur felt oval pillbox with sequined merry widow veiling. This unusual headpiece is topped with a large faux patent leather bow. This is held securely in place with hat elastic.
- Clusters of stunning ombre oranges to creams ribbon flowers adorn this hand blocked sinamay black button hat Black stamens gently quiver in the centre of each blossom and black organza ribbon bows fill the back of the headpiece. A most attractive and unusual headpiece lined in black habotai silk and held firmly on the head with hat elastic.
CHLOE WILLOW ZIA
A rich peacock coloured, soft velveteen fabric headpiece trimmed with pearl and jade beads in between the undulating folds of draped fabric. This piece is comfortable to wear with a comb fixing. Can also be supplied with a small black ostrich feather mounted at an angle on the top right. A handmade new head-piece yet vintage style.
- Unique - based on a brown sinamay pillbox this delicate flower of sinamay and marabou feathers offers a very pretty feminine headpiece. Held in place with hat elastic.
- Primrose yellow and black pillbox decorated with a large sinamay bow. The black sinamay twirl gives movement and spiky black goose biot feathers add height. The pillbox is securely held in place by hat elastic.
CLEMENTINA RUBY CUTIE-PIE
An excellent quality fur felt oval pillbox hat in wine colour. The dark red velvet rose is positioned towards the back on the side. The hat has been made to be worn on the top of the head slightly to the right thus placing the rose on the top but it could also be worn on the left of the head. It is fully lined in habotai silk and held firmly in place with hat elastic. A most elegant headpiece.
A perfect little button hat in pale blue fur felt. It's name says it all! Held in place by hat elastic and fully lined in black habotai silk.
- a unique creation in vibrant shades of orange silk abaca. This exotic piece will 'top' any special occasion outfit.
The headpiece is based on an orange sinamay pillbox held securely in place on the head by hat elastic. It is fully lined in black silk and has a black petersham band on the inner edge of the pillbox.
Silk Abaca is a beautiful fabric made from the finest fibres of abaca (part of the banana palm family native to the Philippines) woven across with fine silk. This piece is hand dyed from Australia. The material requires no stiffening, drapes and twists well forming beautiful curved 'corm' like shapes. This piece has three shades of orange - wrapped around the pillbox is a bright orange and on the top the larger shape in mandarin/gold sits with a smaller 'corm' shape in bronze/orange. A spray of black goose biot feathers spring forward providing contrast in their spikes and movement.
ZARA SERENA FENELLA
- (sorry! SOLD - please ring to discuss a similar design) This stunning headpiece is based on a fuschia pink sinamay pillbox edged in black satin binding and held in place with hat elastic. This is dressed with hand made sinamay lilies of differing sizes and filled with long stemmed gold headed stamens. A black ostrich feather drapes gracefully across the pillbox and, together with the stamens, presents subtle and gentle movement.
Sorry this piece is SOLD.
- Be prepared to be outstanding when wearing this stunning headpiece. A large oval inverted saucer blocked in white sinamay is held firmly in an upright position on a small black button base. There is a large white flower with sprays of tiny headed black and white coque feathers on long shafts. These quiver and move in a gentle breeze or with any body movement. At the back of the hat on top of the button base and supporting the white saucer is a 'puff' of black marabou.
- This button headpiece is made from buckram covered in cobalt blue fabric. The fine 'crimped' definition of the fabric is enhanced by the light and moves the colour from bright blues through to black. The hat is dressed with complimentary bows made from bonded fabrics in blues, silver grey and black. The headpiece is held securely in place by hat elastic and is fully lined.
SOPHIE FRANCOISE SIMPLICITY
- (sorry! SOLD - please ring to discuss a similar design) This cute little sinamay pillbox in pale turquoise is bound with black satin. There is a black marabou feather trim with coils of turquoise and ivory sinamy. The addition of the beautifully realistic fabric apple blossom makes this little piece irresistable!
The pillbox is hand blocked and hand stitched and is held in place by hat elastic. It can be worn on either the right or left of the head easily.
– (sorry! SOLD - please ring to discuss a similar design)- a black and silver headpiece providing you with a glittering entrance to any occasion!The 11“ diameter saucer is held on a hand-blocked black sinamay ‘button’ base which is wired and bound in satin.
The black crocheted ‘fishnet’ saucer is beaded all over with clusters of tiny silver coloured beads. This is stretched across its own circular wired edging also bound in satin. The saucer is stitched onto the base across the crown only allowing the rest to gently bounce at every movement. This causes a delightful twinkle and flash from the silver beads whenever the light catches them. It is decorated with narrow black sinamay loops and a central cluster of more silver beads.
The hat is held on the head by elastic and is made to be worn on the right and well forward. If the saucer covers one eye visibility is perfectly possible through the ‘net’ and wearing it forward in this way provides a seductive intrigue!
- A hand blocked little sinamay button held in place by hat elastic or comb. The inside is fully lined. A tiny navy sinamay bow with central decorative button holds an upright tassle of frayed sinamay strands. All together a cute little headpiece.
LUSCIOUS LIME CRYSTAL EMERALD
(sorry! this hat is no longer available)- this is the headpiece to stand out in the crowd! A beautifully hand crafted design. The base is a black sinamay shallow pillbox studded with tiny silver beads. The vivid lime green silk abaca drapes magnificently over and around the pillbox and the rear view swirls dramatically like the circular shape of a racecourse!. This piece is held securely on the head with hat elastic.
Sorry this piece is SOLD.
This is the headpiece to stand out in the crowd! A beautifully hand crafted design. The base is a black sinamay shallow pillbox hat studded with tiny silver beads. The white silk abaca has a fine silver thread woven into it and this enhances the silver beaded base and 'dangles'. A unique design to feature the natural draping effect of this beautiful silk abaca. This piece is held securely on the head with hat elastic.
– (sorry! SOLD - please make contact to discuss a similar design)This Emerald and navy headpiece will turn any head (maybe even the horses) at a Spring Race meeting or Ladies Day. Easy to wear held in place firmly with hat elastic. Lace covered navy sinamy button trimmed with wonderful swirls of green silk abaca.
- (sorry! SOLD ) based on a dark navy pillbox with hat elastic. Ivory sinamay bow and trim, narrow dark navy twirl and an ivory feather mount. An elegant and sophisticated style.
- (sorry! SOLD - A turquoise sinamay pillbox edged with black binding and held in place with hat elastic. A spray of black feathers rise from the simple sinamay bow offering gentle movement and height.
(sorry! no longer available - please ring to discuss a similar design
- a deep round pillbox hand blocked in buckram and covered with jade velour. The ‘ribbed’ markings in the pile of this fabric are enhanced by the light allowing the rich jade colour to shine in all its glory. This piece is trimmed with a coil of twirled fabric round a jade coloured jewelled centre piece. The headpiece is held securely in place by hat elastic and is fully lined.
- (sorry! no longer available but please ring to discuss a similar design) a deep oval pillbox hand blocked in buckram and covered with red velvet. The mottled effect of the velvet is enhanced by light, offering varying shades from bright and light to rich and dark red. This striking and regal piece is trimmed with three layers of binding in black and red. The velvet flower perches to the right front the hat with a soft black ostrich feather providing height and gentle movement. The headpiece is held securely in place by hat elastic and is fully lined.